P_IG_23 Mobile Phone and Remote Access Policy
The Trust recognises that it needs to be in contact with its staff on a regular basis and that some are required to work by themselves for significant periods of time in the community without close or direct supervision, in isolated work areas and often out of normal working hours.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure appropriate communications, both voice and data to protect staff, so far as is reasonably practicable, from the risks of lone working.
This policy conforms to current legislation and other Organisation associated policies:
- Data Protection and Confidentiality Policy
- Mobile and Home Working Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Lone Worker Policy
- Disciplinary Policy and Procedure
- Incident Reporting Policy
The objectives of this policy are:
- To outline the key elements of the Trust's mobile telephone and remote access management arrangements and to detail the responsibilities of managers and staff.
- To improve communication in the Trust in a controlled, accountable manner, offering value for money.
- The policy seeks to ensure that adequate procedures exist for:
- management and use of equipment
- procurement requirements
- security of communication and equipment