Compliments and Complaints

Let us know your compliments, comments, concerns and complaints - we want to know what you think about our services.

Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust sets out to deliver high quality care. Your experiences, opinions and views count.  We want to hear from you if we get the service right or wrong and we always use your feedback to design service improvements. We welcome your compliments, comments, concerns and complaints.

We have a friendly dedicated team to listen to you and help you provide your feedback. Our aim is to provide an accessible, professional service for you to have the confidence that your feedback will be managed efficiently and confidentially.

If you have a concern

We will aim to do all we can to resolve your concern as quickly as possible.  There are a number of ways you can help us to do this. You may find it helpful, in the first instance, to contact PALS.

If you would like to make a complaint

To complain in person about your care or treatment, you should speak to someone directly involved with your care, or ask to speak to their manager. In most cases it is possible to sort the matter out straight away.

Please get in touch with our Complaints Team if:

  • You wish to talk to someone not involved in your care
  • The problem can't be sorted out
  • You are not satisfied

We will acknowledge your complaint within three days of receipt.  Wherever possible, we will also discuss this with you personally and agree a plan for handling your complaint, including a date by which you should expect to receive a response.

Complaints and Claims Team

 Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust
Beech House
Witham Park
Waterside South
01522 309752

The team is here to help you through the process. 

Who can make a complaint?

Anyone can complain about services or treatment you receive yourself or on behalf of another person - usually a relative or close friend. If you are making a complaint on behalf of another person we will need to obtain consent from them before we are able to process the concerns raised.

How will my complaint be dealt with?

We are sorry that you have had cause to complain but we will:

  • Manage your complaint sensitively
  • Fully investigate your concerns and inform you of the results
  • Let you know what action we are taking

Your designated complaints handler will need to contact you to discuss the options available to you. You will be advised of what enquiries or investigations will be required to ensure your concerns are dealt with efficiently and effectively. It is important that you remember to provide us with your contact details, as we may need to arrange to meet with you.

Everyone has a right to receive treatment with dignity and respect, and should not be discriminated against as a result of a complaint.

How long will it take?

Your Complaints Officer will be able to discuss and agree this with you. Our aim is to provide you with a response to your complaint as fast as we can; however, some complaints do take longer to investigate than others. 

Who can help me in making my complaint?

POhWER are an NHS Advocacy service, they are an independent organisation that can guide and support you through the complaints process. They can help you put your complaint in writing or come along to a meeting with you. However, they do not investigate complaints.

Their service is free of charge and their contact details are:

 Pohwer website

PO Box 14043, Birmingham. B6 9BL 
0300 200 0084


What happens if I am unhappy with the response to your complaint?

If you are unhappy with our response, please get back in touch with us.

However, if you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) to review your complaint.

The Ombudsman is not obliged to investigate every complaint received and will not normally take on a case which:

  • Has not been through the NHS Complaints Procedure or
  • Is currently going through the legal system

A website is available for you to visit if you decide that you would like to find out more information in regards to their service:

 The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Complaints Helpline: 0345 015 4033
Fax: 0300 061 4000